Ne maradjon szürke a szókincsed! Íme néhány kifejezés, mellyel színesebbé teheted angoltudásod.
What it means: To get angry.
Example: “My mother sees red when I come home late.”
Out of the blue
What it means: Suddenly and unexpectedly.
Example: “We were walking down the street when from out of the blue an old classmate we hadn’t seen for years appeared.”
Once in a blue moon
What it means: Very rarely.
Example: “Jean’s parents encouraged her to accept the job with the prestigious company in New York. They told her that a job offer like that comes along only once in a blue moon.”
What it means: Really pleased; very happy.
Example: “My niece got her first job today. She’s so pleased with herself. She’s tickled pink.”
In the red
What it means: Losing money; not making a profit.
Example: “Some years my business makes a profit, but other years I’m in the red.”
What it means: The unnecessary paperwork and procedures of a complicated bureaucracy.
Example: “When my father was rushed to the hospital, the head nurse cut through all the red tape so that he could get to see a doctor immediately.”
Emlékszel még a kifejezésekre? Egészítsd ki a mondatokat egy-egy idiómával.
- My mother ________________ when I come home late.
- When my father was rushed to the hospital, the head nurse cut through all the ________________ so that he could get to see a doctor immediately.
- My niece got her first job today. She’s so pleased with herself. She’s ________________.
- Some years my business makes a profit, but other years I’m ________________.
- We were walking down the street when from ________________ an old classmate we hadn’t seen for years appeared.
- sees red
- red tape
- tickled pink
- in the red
- out of the blue
Ha tetszett ez a kifejezés gyűjtemény, oszd meg a közösségi oldalakon. Share and Enjoy!
A Kifejezéstár további leckéi: